Saturday, July 27, 2013


One of the things I am trying to do with these painted warps is to use up odds and sods of yarn in my stash.  When I came to this warp I decided I'd use up a medium brown Bambu 12, positive that there would be sufficient to weave a scarf.

No such luck.  :(  I could see that I was going to run out about 2/3's of the way and started casting around for an option.  Because a scarf 2/3's of it's intended length wasn't going to fit anyone but maybe a toddler.  Not having any toddlers in my life I wanted to give a hand woven scarf to, I needed an alternative.

When the bobbin was almost empty I started weaving pick and pick with a yellow/green about the same value - a little lighter but close.  When the brown ran out I carried on with the green.

Voila!  Lemonade.


Teena Tuenge said...

Someone will pick that individual scarf out of the crowd for the color change and love it.

Laura Fry said...

That's what I'm hoping! :)

Peg Cherre said...

Wow - another creative solution to a problem I've had, too - Thanks!