One by one, the samples for the next Big Project are getting done. This morning I cut this one off the loom. The green is much more intense in real life - the flash washed the chartreuse out I guess. But never mind, it's done and the linen behaved beautifully in spite of the arid conditions. When I started weaving yesterday the relative humidity was less than 50% - sub-optimum conditions for weaving with linen.
One of the reasons I used this yarn was that I recognized it as a very good quality 2 ply line linen. As such it will transform quite nicely during wet finishing and should be a lovely textile when done.
On a personal note, remission continues with my next check up in 6 months. So I'm free and clear for a while and can concentrate on what I want to accomplish instead of the niggling worry in the back of my brain box. With the Big Project coming up in exactly 5 weeks and a 2 week road trip smack in the middle of that, I need my focus!
Off to contemplate a worsted fabric. Not 'worsted' as in knitting terms, but 'worsted' as in suit fabric.
Currently reading The Likeness by Tana French