This morning I went back to the warping board to start winding warps for the Big Project. Unfortunately the long spell of cold weather (from -20 to -30C) means that the relative humidity has plummeted. When the cotton developed static electricity during winding I carried on, gritting my teeth.
Thankfully I was able to get the short warp (5 meters) wound without too much tooth loss, and happily switched to the wool. But even the wool became unruly with static!
Finally admitting defeat I set the humidifier up to try to raise the humidity level in the studio before tackling the silk.
While that is going on, I'm going to try to get my ledger up-to-date. It's getting woefully behind and the end of this month I have to remit federal sales tax so I'll need to have everything caught up by then anyway.