Friday, February 6, 2009

Variations on a Theme



I revisited one of my earlier drafts, changing the tie up to create twill blocks. The twill blocks give a much bolder pattern so I'll probably finish out the rest of this warp (maybe 8 more yards left?) using treadling variations with blocks.

Today is a better day than the last couple of weeks. I've been having sleep disruption due to hot flashes (power surges?) which interfere with getting a good night's rest. After seeing the doctor yesterday, he has agreed to change my chemical cocktail when I get home because my bp has been bouncing all over the place again. And I'm just plain tired from poor sleep. :(

The good news is that one of the accepted bp medications has the 'side effect' of reducing, if not eliminating entirely, hot flashes. Huzzah! I can live with that side effect!!!! So I'll finish out the Micardis, and switch to Clonidine (sp?) when I get home and hope that this time the side effects will be beneficial instead of detrimental. :} I can hardly wait! :^)

The doctor said that even people who don't have problems with bp will have high bp readings if they are having poor sleep, which I thought was interesting.

Anyway, my bp hasn't been 'bad', but it's been far from good, which it was for a couple of weeks after Christmas. :(

The good news is that I continue to be able to weave like I used to do - no pain, no struggling - so my productivity has been pretty good. I didn't think I'd come close to being able to finish this warp before I left, but it's been going so well I may even finish tomorrow. Sunday for sure.

No comments: