Sunday, December 25, 2011

12 Days of Christmas

a weaver's Christmas wreath?


On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:


12 sheep a baa-ing

11 shearers shearing

10 carders carding

9 spinners spinning

8 dyers dyeing

7 winders winding

6 weavers weaving

5 golden fleece....

4 empty looms

3 shuttles

2 bobbins full

And a warping board with a new warp!

To all my fibre friends - I wish you the very best for the holiday and the coming year - may your looms never be empty, your stash always full and your mistakes all fixable.

Cheers!
Laura

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
wishing you happy holidays too and a great new Year! Love your wreath, - it's my kind too! Happy weaving!

LA said...

Merry Christmas, Laura!

Michelle Bowling-Johnson said...

Laura
it has been great to meet you this year, and I wish you a wonderful Christmas and healthy New Year!

Laura said...

Happy Christmas!! I look forward to more pearls of wisdom next year!!

Glad this year was kind to you in your recovery!

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Thank you for your wishes :o) and a Merry Christmas to you and yours...I'll be watching and learning this year from your blog :o)

trish said...

I love the jingle! And so glad we finally met this year. May you have a wonderful Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year! All the best!

Kerstin på Spinnhuset said...

and one sheep boo(a)ing...
(just 'cos the verification word was boawe - and one of my sheep is more boo-ing than baa-ing)
merry x-mas!

Universo em Tramas said...

A full of joy and health New Year for you, Laura! thank you so much for your friendship.

Many, many hugs for you, your husband and your mom.

Claudia

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas, Laura!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas, Laura!