Monday, December 19, 2011

Thought Squirrels


Normally when I sit down to blog I know pretty much exactly what I'm going to say.  Not today.  Today my thoughts have been flitting through my brain like squirrels, here, there, everywhere. 

Today started out quite normally - for what passes for normal around here lately.  But then a flurry of things happened and I totally lost my focus.

The good news is that I got in to the doctor's office early afternoon.  He agreed with my diagnosis and I came home with 'magic bullets' which will hopefully finally once and for all, kill the bug that's been bugging me, off.  It seems to me that the 'cold' I had in November wasn't an ordinary cold and it never really left - just changed locations from my lungs to my sinus'.

Plus I got the lab results showing that I do actually have some nutritional 'gaps' - quite a few, in fact, 3 of which have 'fatigue' listed as their primary symptom.  I'll have to wait for the new year to hear the treatment plan but I'm feeling as though I am on the right track and that I really will start the new year much healthier than I've been for a rather long time.

We settled our Christmas Day activity - dinner out at 4 pm and I'll help mom with her Christmas letter and cards tomorrow.  Since she's not heard anything about surgery we are assuming that it won't happen now until the new year.

And I think (I hope!) I've got a good enough photo of the roses on her wall.  I'll go tomorrow and make arrangements for an enlargement.  It might not be as large as the original, but I don't think mom will mind too much.

Once all that was done I stared at my pile of paperwork and decided that it could wait another day or two.  With the holidays upon us I don't think people are too worried about hearing back from me.  I only have one thing that's critical and I'll see about working on it after dinner.  Who knows, once one thing is done I might just steam roller through the rest.

Or maybe I'll weave some more.  The first 4 mats are done which means that this 9 yard warp is about 1/3 woven.  Tomorrow I'll number crunch for the next Big Project warp and maybe get that beamed, too.  Or maybe Wednesday as it may take a couple of hours to deal with mom's cards.  I'll see how the day goes.

Currently reading Season of Darkness by Maureen Jennings - the first volume in a trilogy set in England during the 1940's.  The tv show Murdoch Mysteries is based on her original mystery series set in Toronto in the late 1800's.

2 comments:

Sandra Rude said...

Go weave. It's therapeutic. I promise. Glad to hear you've got a good plan for improving your health. Let 2012 be a good year for all of us! Happy holidays to you and Doug and your mom.

Laura Fry said...

I did weave - four more mats *and* did the one critical piece of paperwork so I can mail that tomorrow. :)

Tomorrow is another day....