Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Press Pause

 



Welp, as they say, my body has pressed 'pause'.

I've been struggling with back issues for a while now but yesterday my body threw me a curve ball and my lower back and hip went into massive spasm.

I am now on 'rest' for - well, who knows how long?  I sure don't.

I am frustrated, disappointed, generally discombobulated, because I can't weave, can't sit comfortably, can't stand from sitting without assistance, most chairs make the pain worse, pain pills don't work entirely.

I'm a mess and I'm feeling depressed and discouraged.

However, I already have a massage booked for tomorrow (routine maintenance), which will be an intervention instead of routine.  But I also know that I am going to have to NOT do anything very much until whatever is going on in my body resolves.

I'm frustrated as hell because the current warp is weaving up very nicely and I was looking forward to the next going into the loom next week.  Now?  Who knows.  I sure don't.

My next physio appointment is on the 23rd and I finally see someone at the local pain clinic on the 28th.  I am holding onto a thread of hope that I will at last get some help locally instead of needing to travel about 500 miles to get it.

I can, however, sit for a time in my office chair, and as it happens, the next 'donwanna' job requires me to spend time at the computer.  So I will be editing the drafts for the workshop in October so that they can begin to go out to anyone registered.  Once I've got them done I'll be promoting the workshop and see if we can get more than 3 people signed up.  :-/  

Anyway, if you want to cheer me up and you've read Stories or my other two books, you could send me a book review so I can do some marketing of my books while I'm laid up...just saying...

No comments: