Monday, August 21, 2023

The Bright Side

 


tiny bubbles


The past week has been frustrating, maddening, just all round disappointing - and that's on top of the increased pain.

After massage, I started to feel a bit 'better', enough that I could move around and felt less disabled, but no where near good enough that I could contemplate weaving.  I still don't, to be honest.

With my personal hourglass slipping the sands of time away, this all feels very...upsetting.  As time runs out on me, I feel like there are things I really need to, *want* to, do.  And I just can't.

Fortunately I was able to sit at the dining room table and make puzzles, so I've been blasting through my stockpile, such that I opened the last of my 'special' puzzles last night.  

And thought about how 'off' I still felt, how much longer it was going to take to feel able to weave without causing more damage than good.  And went to the desktop and ordered six more...

On the other hand, I have been feeling 'better' enough that I've been dealing with some of the long ignored tasks that I need to get off my desk, so there is that bright shaft of light in the murk.

It had been my intention to take photos of the towels I talk about in Stories from the Matrix because I've finished more since the book published and list them in my ko-fi shop.  I also have more in the processing 'tunnel' and I've managed to deal with some of that, too.

Yesterday I pressed another 15, and I've been picking away at the hemming pile, now that I can sit for short periods of time in the loveseat - my hemming station.  I mean, one towel hemmed is still progress, right?

I have actually done enough stuff that I am left with just two 'jobs' that have been languishing.  Since I still can't weave, I guess I'm going to have to bite down hard and tackle those.  I'll do the 'easy' one first and get that off my desk.  But then I will have no choice but to finally do the re-write of the workshop drafts.

Since the deadline for that is fast approaching, it is more than time I did.  

And here is a friendly reminder from Monty Python...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you. I really needed this. It is hard to remember not to take myself so seriously. To remember that I'm not the center if the universe.

Jane Eisenstein said...

Loved that song — until I saw the movie.