Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Conferences and Stuff



Next year the ANWG conference will take place in Bellingham, WA.  I am honoured to be amongst those chosen to present (in my case) 3 seminars.

This is a very nice regional conference and I am very much looking forward to being in Bellingham, not just because it is a great opportunity to spend some time with like minded fibre-y people but because our niece lives there and I'm hoping to spend a little time with her, too.

Find more information about the conference here.

I will be adding this event to my schedule page later today if I can find time in between appointments and deadlines.  I decided to take the proverbial bull by the horns and talk to my dr about all the niggling things bothering me in hopes of smoothing out my various and sundry health issues.  As I said in a previous post, nothing particularly serious, just lots of 'maintenance' issues.  :}  I had thought to do these things after I got home from my trip to WA/TX but when I went in to the office yesterday the receptionist looked over my list of concerns and started booking appointments this week.  I really have not got a lot of spare time in the next 7 days but decided that I needed to make time, even if it is just to set my mind at rest and not have these questions nagging away in the back of my mind.  She determined 4 appointments to allow me to thoroughly discuss my concerns (it was a very long list!) and we booked two before I leave and two when I get home.

If nothing else, I have the illusion of some control - at least I'm actively seeking answers, not just feeling like a twig on the surface of the water being swirled back and forth, helplessly pulled along by the current.

And if there is nothing to be done, at least I've asked the questions, even if the answer is 'no, you just have to live with this'.  Not knowing is the worst, I think.  Finding out that this is my new reality means I can accept it and carry on.  Finding out that something can be done means we can go ahead and do that something.  Either way, it's a win.

Who knew getting 'old' required so much maintenance!

No comments: