Monday, February 25, 2013
This is the view out my kitchen window (Feb. 25/13) We had a snow alert yesterday, and it's still coming down this morning - although the alert has been downgraded. The roads are filled in with thick wet snow which makes driving miserable.
And it's dark and gloomy with it, too. The plum trees do look pretty, though.
I finally managed to get the tickets for the Swedish portion of my trip booked and will phone the travel agent shortly to confirm they have managed to book the rest of my tickets. It's a bit nerve-wracking because of course any changes will cost me money - if changes have to be made, given we weren't able to book the tickets all in one go. All I can do is hope there there are no significant delays, especially in Stockholm.
The warp on the big loom is ready to weave and once I've talked to the travel agent I intend to jump on that and get it going.
Last night I placed a very large order for yarns from Maurice Brassard, including the yarn for the intended tops in 2/16 cottolin. I also need to get to the sewing store and buy cotton and interfacing for a new apron for the AVL. But that is going to have to wait until the roads are in much better condition than what they are right now! Hopefully it will last for another warp - or two.
Currently reading Cold Days by Jim Butcher