Friday, July 15, 2016

Sisyphus


Next warp, ready to go into the loom.

I thought I was doing really well, weaving two scarves almost every day.  I even had to get out a third bucket to put the woven, ready to be fringe twisted, scarves in.

The box under the work table was getting emptier.  And then I found a bunch more cones of yarn and when I put them into the box under the table...that box was fuller than when I had actually started.

I began to feel like Sisyphus, tasked with a never ending job!

But this is what most of my days feel like.  Second verse, same as the first.  Rinse.  Repeat.  Roll that rock up the hill...and watch it roll back down again.

Currently reading Wildflower by Drew Barrymore


3 comments:

Rhonda from Baddeck said...

You're a magician - turning string into useable objects. Sisyphus didn't have anything to show for his labours. Those colours are gorgeous, by the way!

Lynn said...

I think cones of yarn multiply in the dark. Or in the light.. Definitely dawn and dusk, I'm sure of that.

Peg Cherre said...

I'm with you on everything you said here, Laura. I, too, am struggling to use up stash, and just when I think I'm making good progress I find another box of cones, often ones that I struggle to use because of color, or fiber, or size. Sigh. So it is with a weaverly life.