Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tiny Steps of Progress



I'm not sure why I've been struggling the past few months, but I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I'm extremely deadline oriented. :}

Since I have plenty of inventory, the incentive to drive myself to the loom to make more seems - well, a little excessive?

Arrived home Sunday evening with a vanload of stuff (how on earth did I collect so much????) which filled the kitchen floor once it was offloaded. Where I'm going to put it all is a mystery, but the boxes and suitcases did get carried downstairs to the studio. Something to worry about another day.

Monday was frittered away catching up on mail (e and snail), attending a luncheon for a moving guild member, and then who knows what? I did work on the orders for the colour gamp kits, but need to wind more warps in order to assemble them.

The rest of the yarn arrived while I was away, and I'm much happier with the substituted colours so I can go ahead with the other two kits now.

I'm calling the one above "Neutral". It's also a sort of grey scale. I had intended to make all the gamps with the lightest value the dead centre, but this one worked with the natural white stripe slightly off centre, and I kind of liked the fact it was asymetrical. I also included a green because people often forget that some greens can make a great 'neutral' when crossing other colours.

Three of the kits are now listed http://LauraFry.artfire.com Pastel will go up later this week, once I've woven the test warp.

Today is errands with mom, then a consult with a guild member about her loom. I don't know if I can help, but I will go and take a look anyway.

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

You have accomplished a lot considering all the travelling you have done lately!

Ellen H. said...

I ordered the earthtones gamp kit. I am SO excited.

Laura Fry said...

Hi Ellen,

I'm mailing the gamp kit today. :)
Enjoy!

Laura