Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mug Rugs



I got all the mug rugs woven and run through the washer/dryer before I left for Kelowna and managed to hem nearly all of them while I was away. The rest I finished last night.

Normally I would press everything once the hemming was done, but I knew my client was in a hurry and they looked good without the pressing so...........

My client has just left and was happy with the mug rugs and with how quickly I got them done for her.

I have to ramp up my energy levels because I'm supposed to be supplying the samples for the workshop participants to wet finish during the one day version of Magic in Albuquerque, NM in October. Since I'm away so much in Septemer I'm going to have to get everything done in the next two weeks, so it felt good to complete the mug rug order.

On the computer front, several of my programs don't run on Windows 7 and I'm having to learn new versions of the some of the ones that do. Which doesn't make me a very happy camper at the minute.

One of the programs that isn't working is the transcription software. I ought to have been doing more of the WeaveCast episodes before we up-graded but I didn't expect problems with that program. :((((

Another is my picture editing software, which really makes me unhappy, but was only to be expected given how old the program is. :(

Anyway, I have the first warp for the workshop ready to go onto the loom which I'll do once I've done my errand run to town.

Currently Reading White Witch, Black Curse by Kim Harrison

4 comments:

Sharon Schulze said...

Where did you get the thing that puts those little plastic tag holders in? I don't even know what they are called but I sure like that better than messing with safety pins, etc.

Welcome back! Has it rained?

Laura Fry said...

Hi Sharon,

It's called a stem gun and I got it from a business called General Fastener.

Cheers,
Laura

Laura Fry said...

No - it hasn't - I got confused - too many workshop details going on :)

Cheers,
Laura

Sherri Woodard Coffey said...

I'm planning on getting a new computer soon, so I hated hearing about Windows 7 and incompatibility with old programs. Darn!