after wet finishing above, before wet finishing below
Project number 5 is one of the more obvious differences in the before and after appearance of the cloth. Not all cloth changes quite so dramatically.
I spent an hour or so getting ready before my friend came over and then we spent some time getting the camera and samples where they needed to be, turned on the photographic light and between the two of us had quite an assembly line going. What would have taken me several hours to do on my own, the two of us (many hands make light work) took about an hour.
Leaving everything set up we sat down for a visit, restorative cup of tea and some good chuckles. Laughter truly is the best medicine!
Although I really wanted to do some weaving I decided not to procrastinate and get the rest of the job done in case I had to re-take any of the photos.
By the time I finished I was way too tired to try to do any weaving and decided to just wait until morning and cleared away the set up so that we could have our living room back before Doug got home from work.
There is still a great deal of work to be done by my webmaster but other than doing the bibliography and bio, I think my part is done. Whew!