Tuesday, July 29, 2014

RED!



Yesterday I was very, um, distracted.  I kept changing my mind about what I would work on 'next' instead of focusing on what I am working on 'now'.  And that is this lovely, very red, painted scarf warp.

I am very affected by colours and today this red is really appealing.  But I also have that blue towel warp to thread on the AVL, so I will be alternating between the two looms.

In the meantime I got Doug to drag four boxes of yarn to the studio from the annex and on Friday I'll ask a friend to help me unload, sort and put it 'away'.  Some of it is skeins that need to be put onto cones so they will be easier to work with, plus easier to see on cones on the shelf rather than a jumble of skeins.  And then I can start designing another line of scarves.

I am on a mission to use up as much of my stash as possible and that objective is coming along quite nicely as I am working on the principle of 'slow and steady as she goes'.  Since I don't know when the surgery will happen I'm trying to get as much as possible done now.  The good news, however, is that several friends who already belong to the Zipper Club have said that recovery didn't take very long at all.  So I'm staying hopeful and positive that once the surgery is done I will be better than ever.

And a big thank you to those of you who have shared your experience.  It really helps.

3 comments:

Sandra Rude said...

Love that red warp!

Laura said...

"Red! Red! I want red; ain't no substitute for red!" - Sammy Hagar

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Zipper Club experience-if you can stand just one more: my MIL went into CHF Jan first 2000 at about 2 in the morning. Ambulance, hospital, lasix, lots of peeing !~! Crisis averted and then comes the question of "do you want heart surgery at 83?" She said yes, got five more good years to watch her GGson learn to do the fun stuff and died a happy gal at 87. Peacefully and with a smile.

You are so much younger than she, your surgery ought to be an easier one. The recovery can be a bit tedious, she used to say, but it was more than worth it to her. And to us...