Tuesday, December 10, 2019

AVL Parts List



Last summer I decommissioned my 1981 vintage Production Dobby Loom.  Since then I have been selling parts of it and have a bunch of parts left that might be useful for someone refurbishing a similar vintage 60" weaving width AVL.


AVL Parts List

All parts were used on a 60" Production Dobby Loom 

Sandpaper beam with gear-drive wheel (auto cloth advance - old style) and pawl gear to manually advance warp on under-slung beater

60" Sandpaper beam with cheese-grater wrapped surface for weaving with rayon chenille

Not interested in the beams themselves?  I would consider selling the gears separately.  They are 1) new and 2) very lightly used.  I purchased two new gears in an effort to keep the loom functioning but in the end decided the loom was too worn out to save - or at least not without a whole lot more money tossed into the money pit.

Would also consider removing the cheese-grater metal and selling that separately.

Sandpaper beam crank/handle to manually advance beam

2 small 14 tooth gears and axles to drive sandpaper beam by auto cloth advance.
        1-new and 1-near new.

#35 chain about 51" (old style auto advance)

Brake Arm with cable and adjustable weight

Warp beam crank/handle

2 of 60" sectional 1-yard warp beams, 1" sections (made with Leclerc rakes) 


There are also parts from the air assist, the under slung beater with four fly shuttle boxes, but those things were heavily modified by Doug and may not be suitable for someone else unless they are content with piecing things together. 
Contact Doug for more information on the air assist: doug dot fry at telus dot net

I also have the complete set up for the mechanical dobby system.  I kept it in case the Compu-Dobby failed and I needed to get back to weaving while repairs were done.  Then when I changed to air assist, I kept all the cams, cables and the treadles.

Email me for more information.  Beams would have to be shipped by courier and Doug would need a crating fee added to the price.

As always, my email is laura at laurafry dot com

While I am shutting down my business I have decided to keep my website and my easy to remember email address.  :)

No comments: