Thursday, December 5, 2019

Selling my Work part III

These are the last of the tea towels/kitchen towels I will be posting.




These are both half linen, but the darker blue/green is a heavier linen weft, most likely tow.  It is thicker and of a quality I refer to as a kitchen utility towel.  The other is woven with  a lighter weight linen and is thinner, more suitable to drying dishes.  Both are $38 each.  There are 11 of the heavier ones, 10 of the lighter ones.


The colour in the foreground one looks a bit on the greenish side.  It's actually natural beige linen.  It is 50/50 linen/cotton and tea towel weight.  The other is 20% linen/80% cotton and thicker.  There are 4 of the darker rose and 13 of the lighter weight.  $32 for the 20% linen, $38 for the 50/50 linen/cotton.


Both of these are 50/50 linen/cotton, but again, the weft in the darker one is that (likely) tow linen and therefore a heavier weight.  If I remember correctly the other is based on the Star of Bethlehem or other traditional overshot pattern that I converted to twill blocks  There are 11 of the darker/heavier weight towels and 9 of the lighter ones.  Both $38.  

Orders over $90 are shipped for free by Canada Post until Dec. 31.  I'm not seeing any huge build up of lines at the post office yet so that probably means there isn't a huge influx of packages either.  So many people buy on line these days I wonder how much the post office parcel volume has shrunk!  All the better for those of us who do still send by mail!

Doug is pressing the shawls and I have administrivia to deal with - my November ledger needs balancing and the provincial sales tax for November remitted.  After I send that in, I may sit and read my library book.  I now have three books ready to be picked up at the library.  Time to finish this one.

I didn't sleep well again last night and I'm tired.  Plus it's a grey dreary day.  I think sitting in the recliner, maybe with a cup of tea, sounds like just the carrot to help me deal with my books.  :)

Currently reading A Capitol Death by Lindsey Davies.  I love her characters, her sarcastic wit, her compassion, and attention to historical detail.  Highly recommended if you enjoy those things, too.

No comments: