Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Going on Faith


I'm quite enjoying this warp.  The colours are soft and remind me that spring is coming - although not any time soon, in spite of yesterdays weather! 

This warp is getting a bunch of bits of yarn from my stash used up on it.  This weft is 22/2 cottolin - of which I had one a a bit spools.  I'm not entirely sure I like it on the loom although it looks more appealing in the photo so perhaps I just need to wait until it is wet finished. 

In the meantime I'm going to use up this oatmeal cottolin and have faith that once they are done I'll like them more than I do on the loom.

And then I'll switch to the cotton flake and change the treadling again.

3 comments:

Gail V said...

I like reading about your weaving- I link to it from my sheep blog.
It inspires me, though I only have rigid heddle looms.

Laura Fry said...

A rigid heddle loom is still a loom. :)

cheers,
Laura

Michelle Bowling-Johnson said...

Laura
I wanted to say I agree with Gail, but to say to Gail, that in fact, the rigid heddle loom is one of my favourites for it's simplicity but ability to create wonderful fabric!
Best wishes to you both
Michelle