Sunday, June 8, 2014

The More Things Change...

...the more they stay the same.


showing hem with woven in cut line - click photo to biggify


Right now I'm doing a whole of the 'same' thing.  With 50 yards on the AVL and a run of place mats happening on the Leclerc, there is a whole lot of same happening.

And that is just fine by me.  In spite of my back still not right, I have managed to weave a little on one or other of the looms every day.  I am over the half way mark on the AVL, and approaching the half way mark on the place mats.

Sometimes things turn out better than hoped.  With the place mats I could not, in most cases, get a perfect colour match to the thick cotton for weft.  Going with 'close enough' I ordered in the yarn from Brassard and wound warps.  In the end, the slight variation in colour has enhanced the textile, giving some visual depth or texture as well as the actual, physical, texture.

Currently reading The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison

No comments: