Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Bite by Bite

 


Aerial photo of my town.


It's harder and harder to maintain any semblance of keeping my energy spoon drawer filled every day.  Of course, the overcast dreary days don't help.

Yesterday I managed to keep myself going by laying down but not actually sleeping.  But I stayed down for 40 minutes by reminding myself I needed to rest.  Hopefully the balance between rest and activity will become a 'better' balance.

OTOH, this morning we went to have our flu shot, so who knows where I will manage on that rest/active point.

On the positive side, yesterday I didn't feel quite so tired, and now I just go with the flow, as we say.  

I may do at least one session, and see how the afternoon goes.  A friend who got both her shots at once said she didn't feel awful, so perhaps I can keep going.

But that's the thing right now - no expectations.  Do what I can and if fatigue (or ennui) is greater than my desire to do anything?  Well, I am supposed to be 'retired'.  

My hair is bugging me as the part that got shaved is starting to grow, but the rest is weeks late in getting cut.  And my eye glasses are still not fitting on my face properly, so I am not driving right now.  I see my eye doc early in November, and maybe she will have some advice about the left eye that keeps swelling up - with no tell-tale reason why.  Just one more niggling 'worry' that might be unnecessary!  But there are so many things to 'worry' over right now.

My craft fair inventory has gone to the guild, I've added a couple new towels to the inventory on ko-fi.

Little by little I seem to be starting to function (at a very low level!).  

No comments: