Monday, October 14, 2024

Canadian Thanksgiving

 


Yes, we 'celebrate' thanksgiving.  We do it on a different day, in part because living so much further north.  But we largely use the same sort of foods that our US 'cousins' do.

Practicing my attitude of gratitude, I made sure to look at both Sunday and the Monday holiday in order to 'celebrate'.

Tomorrow I see the physiotherapist and hope I can pick up some better ways to weave in order to bring myself back to working 'well'.  I mentioned to the physiotherapist that I have spent the better part of the past 50 years doing this, plus mentioned I am the 27th weaver to achieve the award of 'master' weaver, and have written 3 books  (plus a pdf book as a memoir on my ko-fi shop) with multiple magazine articles.  I don't know if they were impressed (or not!) but I spent the 50 years and passing what I know on to others.

I figured it was noteworthy.

And, if I was going to get some help in order to keep weaving in a 'healthy' way, I might as well learn as much as possible as they could pass on to me.

Since no one of us has any idea how much I could weave on this early, I would like to keep weaving for as long as I can.

In the meantime, I contacted the weaving magazine, and said I would like to write the short article for them.  It's due in December, but it's a topic I've written about before, so I figured I could maybe manage it.  If it doesn't pass muster, that will be up to them to decide.  I have zero way to judge.

Up until August 27 I had a pretty good idea of how well I could communicate.  From now on, I will constantly be working on how well I can make myself understood.  

So be it...


No comments: