Friday, June 3, 2011

Something to Look Forward To....


By the time you read this (I've scheduled it to be posted Friday evening) I ought to have arrived in Montreal - barring travel challenges.  This is, however, an 'easy' trip - from here to Vancouver (at 6 am - there otta be a law!) and then from Vancouver to Montreal, arriving there around 5 pm local time - there is a 3 hour time difference between here and there.

In between packing I wove off one shawl and then dressed the loom with this teal blue/green.  I got it threaded before dinner and just now finished sleying and tieing it on.  I was going to wind bobbins, too, but I still have a few more things to do before bedtime and 4 am is going to arrive mighty early!

We get home late (very late!) Sunday evening June 12.  Monday and Tuesday are crammed with appointments and then Wednesday June 15 is the next chemo.  With 4 weeks between treatments I don't anticipate any further delay and that it will go ahead as scheduled.

I've got half a dozen paperbacks in my suitcase plus two library books in my Alberta bag.  Yes, I'm hoping to get a lot of reading done on this trip!  Long plane and road trips are good for reading. It's about 10 hours from here to Calgary.  I'm also hoping to steam roller through the silk gimp warps that are already dyed once I get home, although that will depend on how I'm feeling.

But mild exercise is recommended to help speed the chemical cocktail through my system, so weaving these warps will provide that mild exercise.  And since they are more plain weave and gentle beating, I ought to be able to weave a little bit every day.  One day, one shawl/warp is my goal.  Once I'm feeling better I'll dye the rest of the warps so I will have them to finish off this summer.  One way or another, stash is being reduced!

As mentioned previously I'll do another run of tea towels in an effort to use up yet more stash.  The singles 6 cotton torques in the wet finishing due to twist energy left in it.  I'll be coning off from the mill cones into smaller packages and will offer it for sale later in the summer as well.  If I can't use it up myself, maybe I can sell it?  :^)  Yarn with stored twist energy is desired for fabric collapse effects so I expect other weavers may be interested in weaving with it, too.

Also in the pipeline is a silk scarf warp.  Plus I have a whole bunch of dyed 2/20 silk to either use or sell.  I expect one of the things I will be doing over the summer is stocking my Art Fire store with yarns like the singles 6 cotton and the dyed 2/20 silk.

All in all, I've got a lot to look forward to when I get home.

No comments: