Saturday, August 4, 2012

Flexibility


One of the advantages of being self-employed is that you set your own schedule - and when Life Happens, you can also change it.

I'd intended to go pressing on Monday, making a marathon of it - the curtain fabric, 4 towels and 3 dozen or so scarves.

But there is a 'family' meeting on Monday to finalize plans for the dedication ceremony at the railway museum of the rest area in memory of my brother so I will  go pressing tomorrow instead.  The curtain fabric is still on the loom and I may not get all of the scarves wet finished, so I will just do what I can and the rest can wait until next time.

The other thing that happened today which is fouling my schedule is that all of a sudden the air assist on the treadle isn't working properly.  I'm limping along until Doug gets home and can do some trouble shooting for me.  I'm suspicious that the piston is getting old and needs replacing.  It's been doing faithful duty for more years than I can remember.


I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with the weft on this warp for towels but since I've got enough yarn wound for two I'll finish those bobbins and then change colours.

Currently reading Woman Chased by Crows by Marc Strange who, sadly, died this year after writing just four mysteries.  This is the most recent and I'll probably try to track down the others.

No comments: