Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Change of Pace


With dwindling inventory of the colours that most appeal to me it was time for a change of pace.  Decided to do a more 'neutral' warp instead of the pastels or mid-range values I'd been playing with for the past couple of weeks.

So here is the warp (or half of it).  Kahki, a dusky plum, a touch of 'gold' and one of the variegated yarns.  These are not 'my' colours but so far I'm really happy with how they look together.  The weft will be a mid-range beige about the same value as the 'gold'.

The first copies of A Good Yarn: Rayon went into the mail today and the listing is now live on Art Fire

I also sent a box of Rayon to Atlanta so there will be copies of Cotton and Rayon available (in limited quantities, of course) during my trip.  First come, first served.  :)  I will also have a few copies of Kerstin Fro:berg's Weave A V for anyone interested.  If you are in TN, do stop by and say hello.

I'm still dealing with the last minute administrivia that came my way this week - registering for the PST being one of them, getting my application (resume and reference letters) ready to email and finally placing my yarn order.  I didn't worry about getting that in earlier this week as it will arrive while I am away and Doug will have to deal with it.  But I do want it here when I get home so that if I can possibly get started weaving the samples, the yarn is here ready and waiting for me.

Time will be very precious all during the rest of this year and there won't be any to spare - or waste!


2 comments:

DebbieB said...

Happy that I got my copy! I really liked AGY:Cotton, and I'm eagerly awaiting AGY:Rayon's arrival.

Jacquie Reith said...

I'm a little late but count me as one who thinks your color way is a winner. Jacquie in sunny ( but really, really cold for desert dwellers) AZ