Monday, July 20, 2015

Endings


My company leaves tomorrow, a bitter sweet departure.  In fact, we had two lots of company over the weekend.  The house and studio are going to be very quiet for the next little while.

One of the things with having a 'significant' birthday this month is the need I feel to pause and reflect.  Partly I have been doing that by re-reading some of my early blog posts.

I started this blog as I began to feel better after a very stressful six months of Life in Large Doses in 2008.  Not just life, but a string of adverse reactions to drugs that were supposed to keep me healthy but were making me very sick.  It took a further 5 months to figure out that it was, in fact, the drugs at the root of my problems, and keeping the blog kept me focused on the future and hope that better health was awaiting me, if I could only get there.

If you have been reading this blog from the beginning you will know that the road did not smooth out much; in fact I have had a string of health issues that continued to knock me off my rails.  Your support and encouragement and honest feedback helped more than I can say.

Re-reading some of those early posts reminds me of how far I have come and how blessed I am with great friends.  And that is one reason why the house is going to feel so very empty and quiet when they have all left.

We will continue to stay in touch via the magic of the internet and hopefully we will be able to be together in person again.

Tuesday will be a busy day with a trip to the airport, a dental visit, banking to catch up on and various bits of administrivia that need dealing with, not to mention dealing with deadlines...looming...not to mention actually getting back to the loom.  There are still 6 yards left on the warp that was supposed to be off before company arrived.  Well, it will come off this week for sure!

No comments: