Sunday, August 9, 2015

Aging

I belong to a group on Ravelry for Leclerc loom owners.  One of the fun things people do is post photos of their looms in an effort to decipher when they were made. 

My loom has a serial number but I think it's a fairly early model and doesn't seem to indicate the year.  From the style of decal I've decided it is probably from somewhere around 1945-1955.   Why?  Because by 1956 they were including the year.  Since mine doesn't have a year, I think it must pre-date 1956.

The number isn't easy to see.  I finally found it to the left of the treadles on the cross piece that holds the treadles.  A light aimed sideways on revealed the date.   The imprint says F-36-11215.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not know about the Leclerc group on Ravelry, I will join it! A few years back, a gentleman helped me replace the spring on the back beam and he researched the age of my Leclerc Artisat and it was 45 years old!

Thank you so much for sharing your weaving and life experiences! Kelli