Saturday, December 24, 2016

Milestones


View out our kitchen window.  

Every life has milestone events that cause one to pause and reflect.  So it is here.  We are still playing the waiting game, and so far there are only questions, no answers.

But progress has been made on the renovations during a warm spell last week and it looks like after the cold weather over the Christmas holiday, more progress may be made yet.  I am practicing my acceptance of what is, rather than yearning for what I want.

As the new year unfolds, I will be taking the questions that have arisen over the past couple of weeks and determining best course of action,  Some things in my life are going to, must, change.  Just what those are, and how they will change, I don't yet know.

But the solstice is behind us, the light is returning, the calendar year is also ending, the new year awakening.

However the holidays are celebrated in your house, I send the best wishes for the coming year to you and yours.

2 comments:

Rhonda from Baddeck said...

Thanks, Laura. It's hard to live in limbo, especially in more than one aspect of your life. Wishing you and Doug and your mom a Happy Christmas and I hope the new year brings favorable resolution to your unanswered questions.

Peg Cherre said...

May you find joy in 2017, whatever it brings you, whatever decisions you make, wherever you go.