Sunday, January 22, 2017

Upstairs, Downstairs




This is part of my stash in the studio.  Bins piled six deep in places.  Wound warps waiting to be woven.  Sixty yards still on the AVL.  It's all overwhelming.  

But the siding guy is pretty much finished, so at least the noise and commotion is about done.  At least until spring when the rest of the driveway gets dug up, the water line gets replaced, and the new driveway gets poured.  

If I look at the entirety of what needs doing I can't face any of it.  So I try to eat one bite a day.  Today I dealt with some of the piles of paper on the table and now I'm trying to decide if there is anything I can do in the studio.  I'm thinking it is time to address those unwoven warps.  At least that would free up some of the plastic bins.  And woven yarn takes up less space than when it is on tubes.

My story. Sticking to it. 


3 comments:

Rhonda from Baddeck said...

Woven fabric definitely takes less space than the tubs containing the warps. PLUS emptying the weft cones - win-win! It's a good story - I'm buying it.

Brenda said...

My "piles" aren't as big as yours at the moment, but I'm still overwhelmed by a few tasks ... so the husband and I ran away for the day in search of sunlight. Tomorrow, as Scarlett said, is another day.

Good on you for being the bigger person! Admirable says I.

Peg Cherre said...

So many tasks, so little time. I have to get some things hand painted and woven QUICKLY so I can have the professional photographer take the shots I need for this year's show applications. Time's a-wasting, and I can't seem to get through the other list of must-do items.