Saturday, August 31, 2013

Exotic Marigolds

Best Exotic Marigold Hotel


I rarely watch movies these days.  When I do, I prefer to watch them at home where I can hit 'pause' and move about.  Too much sitting and I tend to stiffen up.  Not to mention most movie houses have the volume up so high my ears ring for ages afterwards.

But this movie (click on link above for trailer) was highly recommended and since I will watch almost anything that has Judi Dench and/or Maggie Smith in it, I bought it when I saw it for sale at Costco a few months ago.

Several people have commented to me about my great attitude.  Believe me, I'm no Pollyanna.  I have those dark moments when the niggling worms of fear raise their heads.  I've learned that I need to vent and get them out of my head into the light of day.  The light will always show up those fears for what they are, and after confronting them I can chop them down to manageable size.

Acknowledging my fears takes away their power, I find.  (And bless my friends who let me vent!  You know who you are!)  And since fear is just an emotion, allowing it to evaporate in the power of light is the fastest way to encourage a different emotion, a healthier emotion, to take root.

Recently I watched the movie again with a friend.  There is one line that I want to remember because it seems to sum up everything I feel about life.

It goes something like  - Everything will be all right in the end.  And if it isn't all right, it isn't the end.

Life is a journey.  Everything will be all right in the end.


3 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh, then you must see Quartet which stars Maggie Smith! I think I liked it better than Marigold...and I too love Judy Dench.

Jacqui said...

I loved that movie and also have seen it twice. I also read the book that the movie was inspired by - but it's a very different story.

Peg Cherre said...

I, too, love Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - and am a Judi Densch and Maggie Smith fan.

I'm recommending Mrs. Henderson Presents - I think you'll like it.