Monday, October 5, 2020

Webs

 


One of the things that I find enjoyable about where I am right now is that I have a lot of contacts within the weaving world.  I felt the same while doing the conference last year, and now I find myself in much the same position with the seminar series.  But this time?  This time I don't have to worry about the expense of bringing people to us physically.  And it has been great fun to contact people I would never have dreamed of contacting for the conference, and make it possible to learn from them.

Because I don't know everything and I would like to know more.  My thirst for knowledge has carried me through my childhood and on into adulthood.

I like knowing the things that I know.  But I also know that I do not, can not, know everything.  

But I have internet.  I have contacts.  I can even go ahead and message people directly in many cases.

And so I have arranged a line up of people who are already well known in the fibre world, but also?  Some who are not.  But they all have interesting stories to tell.  A different perspective to bring to the table (or the screen, in this case).

I have just now sent the list of who, when and what to the guild treasurer/web maven.  I will be posting info to the guild FB page in the next few days.  There are still details to work out, but the first six months are booked and I have begun on the next six months.

But right now?  I need to work on my own presentation and the guild room sale.

On a personal note, I will today finally finish weaving the black 2/16 cotton.  The shelves continue to slowly empty and instead of ending the series, more combinations have been pulled.  It seems like every time I get down to one warp on the loom and one waiting in the wings I pulled two more potential warp combos.  Pretty soon there won't be enough yarn left to be able to make a warp.  And then I will most likely order in more white and use up the rest of the coloured 2/16 as weft on a white warp.  But that will be later.

Because I think I have enough tea towels, especially with the three warps waiting in the wings.  Time to try something else, use up something else.

In the meantime, parcels mailed to the US in September appear to have arrived so I will once again ship to the US.  Yesterday I posted one towel to my ko-fi page (link to the right).  I will post one towel per week.  If interested, the price is $30.00 each including shipping with a tracking number.  This is more expensive, but right now I find I am not trusting USPS much so I am absorbing the extra cost.

Currently reading a short story collection edited by Charlaine Harris and name escapes me.  Urban fantasy for the most part.



No comments: