Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Never Ending Linen



I've reached the 1/4 mark on this warp and the fine linen just keeps on going, and going, and going............

This is not going to be the final warp. I'm going to have to do at least one more longish warp to use it up. :(

The problem is I've used up so much of my fine cottons there isn't a whole lot left to choose from. I'm going to have to get really creative, dig deep into the corners in case there are any more cones hiding, or - gasp - order more yarn!

I think I may put something else onto the loom after this warp while I ponder my options, and maybe order something in. My supplier doesn't take too long to ship things, but will they have what I want in stock? And then wait for a week for it to arrive.

At least the linen was a tiny bit more co-operative tonight. Perhaps it's had a chance to absorb some of the humidity out of the air........or maybe it's started to warm up as promised.

Currently reading Princeps' Fury by Jim Butcher

No comments: