Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ripples!



She asked for ripples, and ripples is what she got. :)

Sometimes simple is good. I'm rather enamored of this pattern, so I'll be doing more than 2. In fact, I just finished towel #3 and look forward to doing a few more.

I think for my next warp I'm going to revisit a threading I used last fall. It was also fairly simple, but when woven produced some nice vertical wavy lines. I also think it would work 'better' for the waffle experiment I want to try. So if I run out of yarn on this warp I won't be too upset about not doing my waffle sample.

I think there's about 12 yards left, maybe a bit more, and those cones of linen still look rather large! But I'm hoping that I can at least use up two of them. The third will get used up on the next warp. She says, optimistically...

Instead of going to visit Puff and pressing today, I went and visited with a friend. I did some hemming, and we worked out the kinks in a knitted hat she wants to make for her husband.

It was a very pleasant afternoon. :)

Currently reading: Rules, Regs and Rotten Eggs by H. R. F. Keating

No comments: