Saturday, October 12, 2013

First Day

...is over.  Sort of.  Tonight is the Open House from 7 to 8 pm.

Today was intense as we walked through my method of dressing the loom.  I just kept on rolling from 9 am until past 11:30 when I finally let people have a break.  We covered a lot of ground in a short amount of time.

This afternoon people mostly worked on their own with assistance when needed.  Some people are thinking a lot as they dress their looms, deciding what they want to adapt and what isn't pertinent to their approach to weaving.

At the end we discussed the "thou shalt's" and some other issues.  One person provided a learning opportunity by losing the cross.  I showed how to pick it up again following the rough denting in the reed.

Tomorrow I will demo lashing on, controlling beat and two shuttle weaving.  And see what else people want to examine. 

No comments: