Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Moving Right Along



Now that Christmas (and the introductory offer) is over, it is time to gear down for the long haul.

My immediate schedule now switches to conference planning.  We are very near to announcing the registration opening.  If people haven't yet signed up for conference email notices, I urge you to do so asap as things are getting very near to being ready to go public. 

While I plan on having some copies of The Intentional Weaver for sale at the conference, not everyone will be attending it and sales will continue through blurb going forward.  (If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, Magic in the Water is also there.)

What I would ask is that anyone who feels this book is worthwhile?  Could you please go to the page and click on the 'share' buttons?  Marketing a self-published book is challenging because you find yourself constantly tooting your own horn.  Which I am not too shy to do, but it helps people to know if the book is truly worth the purchase price and if they might find it helpful if others say so and not just my ego saying it is.

We are getting some snow today and I have chosen to not go out but to have some quiet days this week in order to plunge back into what needs doing next.

I reached the half way point in the current (30 yard) warp, I've used up three tubes of cottolin and am about to start the fourth and last in my stash.  Yesterday I wound the first of the linen bobbins which are steeping in the humidor.  And I crunched the numbers for the next warp, which will be a twill block version of Canadian Snowflake but in bright cheerful colours - the warp is Peacock and Emerald Green, the weft will be navy or turquoise single linen. 

Of course I am once again weaving linen at the dryest season, so I will be putting the humidifier on in the next couple of days to try and make the linen behave better.

If the relative humidity drops below around 40% I find that all fibres start to get cranky - even cotton will develop static electricity - linen and silk are even more prone to problems.

But I need to get to the loom, so off I go...moving right along...

No comments: