Thursday, February 28, 2019

The Learning Journey


Life, as they say, is a journey.  So is learning. 

As always one to think ahead, plan ahead, I'm beginning to think beyond the current crop of deadlines.

The next six months looks like this (for me)

Craft fair/vendor hall for the Hospital Auxilliary conference in April.  It won't be very busy most of the time so I'm thinking of what I can bring to work on/demo during the slow times.

May 6-10, level two in Tenino, WA.  One of the benefits of taking the Olds College program is that students are not confined to one campus.  You can take level one at Olds, for example, then move to another location for level two.

June will be pretty much taken up with conference.  Our guild has the stairwell at the public library for the month, so we can set up our display before the conference begins and take it down after the conference ends.

During the conference I will be wearing way too many hats, but that's pretty much standard.  Doug will man my booth in the vendor hall while I deal with conference stuff including presenting seminars and so on.

Still waiting to hear about Fibre Week at Olds College and if I will get to teach, but I'm holding the dates, just in case.

August 6-10 I'm booked to teach level two at Yadkinville, NC and 12-16 level one.

September I'm scheduled to do The Efficient Weaver at the John C Campbell Folk School.  I have no idea if anyone has registered for this class yet - I think, like the Olds classes, I need 8 to make it 'go'.

Once home from that it will be craft fair preparation all the way.  It's already March (tomorrow!), the AVL is waiting for repair parts, I'm setting up the Leclerc for more place mats, I need to do shawls because I'm out.  I was also surprised at how few tea towels I have in inventory when I last looked - my goal of stash/inventory reduction was apparently quite successful in 2018!  But that means I need to find my round tuit and get weaving...

No comments: