Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Down Time

 



Seems whatever was ailing me yesterday is lingering, although I am feeling 'better'.  However, I'm still not feeling great and trying to decide if it is folly to attempt to beam that next warp in the queue.  I think I should be ok if I take it slow, and it's better than sitting in the recliner feeling sorry for myself.

The sun has come out finally, and the temps have risen.  The streets will be a mess, especially if it starts snowing/raining.  But for now I am appreciating the sun glancing across the fresh fallen snow.  Winter really can be quite beautiful.

I have a list of things I want to do but don't feel I can manage half of them, so the best course of action is to simply choose one.  The rest will wait.

Because that's the thing, when you are one person who does pretty much everything (with support and assistance from a spouse when needed.)  Everything will wait.  Everything *must* wait.  Until you feel better enough to try to do them.

One of the great gifts of 'retirement' is that I no longer have critical deadlines.  I have my desires.  I have my intentions.  I have my goals.  But it no longer much matters for most of it when I get at them.

Speaking of which, the SOS class launches tomorrow.  I should be better enough to engage with anyone asking questions by tomorrow (today is better than yesterday) so I'm looking forward to discussing all things weaving with new (to me) folk.  Or maybe even some I already know, looking for a refresher.

Anyway, it appears another quiet day is required, so I'm not going to push too hard.  But I'd surely love to see that next warp getting beamed, even if I can't do it in one day.

It will wait.

No comments: