Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Little by Little

 



We are having a bit of 'false' spring today.  The sun has peeped out a bit and it's quite balmy - for us, for January.  The air felt positively spring-like, but it's only January and we all know it is temporary.

I am beginning to feel a wee bit 'better' (for certain values of) but the dr says my eye is not healing very well.  I get to go back again next week.  So for one more week (at least) my left eye will remain dilated all day long.  I'm wearing a patch to keep it closed because trying to focus on anything to do anything means I'm having to battle an eye that is dilated and not wanting to focus in the same way.

Since one eye is patched, I have zero depth perception, so I have to be careful about going to pick up or put things down.  On the other hand my balance is improving, and I am starting to be more active.  Which is good because I was losing physical fitness and just walking up and down the stairs was a bit of a challenge, in part due to the depth perception.  Where *were* my feet in relationship to the stairs, anyway?

I set up the puzzle board and have been picking away at that and in the evening I have managed to do a bit of knitting.

But today I actually feel I have made more than an inch worth of progress, physically.  I feel like I could actually do something, if I weren't isolating at home, and not quite ready to attempt to do much of anything.

However, I did decide yesterday that wet finishing another half dozen scarves might be a possibility because I can sit and do the pressing.

So I am going to go down to the laundry room and run a batch of scarves through the washer and dryer and by the end of the afternoon I hope to be able to get the pressing done.  If nothing else at least I can do some and whatever I don't get to can wait in the plastic bin to wait until tomorrow.

Every inch of progress is...an inch of progress.  And right now?  I will take it.

1 comment:

Joni said...

So many virtual hugs. I was hit in my right eye in 1997 which caused multiple retina detachments and I spent almost a year with hardly, if any, vision in that eye. Thankfully, a good doctor and a lot of patience, and I have some vision in that eye today. Way more than the doctor ever expected, though he didn't tell me that until after that year. It is really hard and disorienting to suddenly on have vision in one eye, but your body and brain are smart and they will start to adjust. Be gentle with yourself. Sending much healing mojo your way