Thursday, September 21, 2023

Wish Me Well

 


We may have had first frost overnight - at least at higher elevations.  Here it wasn't so much 'frost' as heavy dew.  But at last, at last, the temps are heading downwards, which I hope means that wildfire 'season' will soon be ending.  Fingers crossed.

I got the next warp weaving and overall I'm pleased enough.  With the new colour warp I have new ideas percolating.  The dark colours (deep, deep blue warp, dark wefts) mean I feel like a change in direction is about to come over me.  

But it will take time and I will have to be patient.

However, the good news?  The new pain medication has arrived and I can pick it up later today.  I'm not sure how my body will react to it, so fingers crossed the adverse effects will be minor and the beneficial effects, major.

It has been a rocky road, for sure, and age takes a toll on everyone's body, some more than others.

My appointment with the physiotherapist yesterday went well.  Now that we know it is the SI joint that has been causing my problems, she was able to check if it was still mobile (it is) and will focus on the massive muscle spasms in my right hip.  And once the spasms are gone, it will be time to work on increasing strength to help support the injured SI joint.  

The hope is that the corticosteroid injection will relieve the inflammation, although after 9 years I don't know how much 'healing' will be possible.  But the fact that the joint is still mobile is at least good news, and who knows?  The body is pretty darned amazing, all in all.  And once the inflammation has been reduced, the pain should be, as well.  And the new pain medication may just help with the peripheral neuropathy, too.  

Can I hope for pain free?  Perhaps only less pain, but less pain is still...less pain.  And I will take that.

Hope springs eternal.  And I have a little patch of it beginning to sprout.

Send me good healing mojo, juju, gold dust, unicorn sparkle dust - whatever - I could surely use some just now.

In the meantime, I *can* still weave, even at a reduced rate, so I will.

6 comments:

Rhonda from Baddeck said...

I'm glad there are several glimmers of light in the tunnel you've been traveling lately. I hope the pain meds help, and the inflammation goes away soon.

Anonymous said...

Lots of healing mojo coming your way!

Anonymous said...

At our age, I think pain free is too much to hope for. Less pain, a definite goal. I sincerely hope your new pain med works. I wonder if it would work on my ailments. Healing thoughts always in great amounts.

Anonymous said...

Laura, so glad you are feeling up about the current situation. Sending fairy dust, crone dust, sorceress sparkle and love.

Anonymous said...

Consider yourself inundated with unicorn pixie dust!

ap said...

Your blog inspires my creativity thank you for posting this blog. also view this Pure Silk Saree with Gold Zari Zigzag Weaving All Over With Rich Attached With Tassels And Meenakari Border By Anupath Fashion