If I taught a workshop/seminars at ANWG '19 would you be interested?

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Next Towel Design



One of the challenges in photographing textiles is getting them in focus. This looked fine on the camera, but I suspect it's blurry. OTOH, the design is blurred anyway, so it's really hard to tell. :}

This is the same threading/treadling as the first design, but I've changed the tie up from twill blocks to the good old 1:3:1:3:2:2:3:1 twill tie up I like so much. Since there is so little of the fine linen left, I'm going to finish it off in this pattern. I think there's enough yarn left to do two more towels. And then it's history! Yay!

But I found another cone of natural yarn on my shelf, so now I'm thinking that instead of using either the singles beige linen or the singles 6 cotton that I'll use up this cone of mystery yarn. It's marked 30/5 and appears to be cotton. Not terribly tightly spun, so should make good towel weft.

Well, I hope to use up one more cone from my stash, regardless.

The good news is that after my usual chemical cocktail, plus the Micardis (which I took as soon as I got home from the doctor and pharmacy at 10:30) and 30 minutes of weaving, by bp was about as perfect as I can hope for. :) So once more we'll see how it goes. One thing I've learned is that my allergies play havoc with my bp, so I guess I am going to have to be resigned to chemical modifications.............

2 comments:

Peg in South Carolina said...

Yes, I find it very frustrating that a photo looks great through the camera lens but is blurry when you see it on the screen. The result is that I take tons of photos. That's the beauty of digital cameras!

Laura said...

Part of the challenge with the photos I take on the loom is the awkward angle I need to get into to take the photo. Not to mention the deep depth of field (which I haven't yet figured out how to adjust for). With this cloth, the multiple twill lines make the design 'vibrate', especially when seen enlarged. However, I think the over all pattern is visible. :)