Saturday, February 21, 2015

Early Spring?

Week five is now well underway and I'm finally feeling as though significant healing is happening.  Still a ways to go, but I'm hoping to get the all clear on the sternum healing so I can start to do some hand work.

Unfortunately yesterday mom was suddenly taken ill with a nasty stomach bug.  She spent the night in emerg where they are monitoring her for dehydration, and her blood sugars as she is diabetic.  Doug spent nearly five hours with her last night in emerg, until they decided to keep her in.  We are waiting to hear if they will keep her longer.  I'm hoping they will because I'm not able to 'nurse' her.  Not to mention I don't need to catch whatever she's got.  :(

The weather has been unseasonably warm and people are talking about an early spring.  Thing is we can still get cold weather in March.  So I'm not holding my breath looking for early blooms.  But the level of the snow has gone down considerably.



Currently reading The Beat Goes On by Ian Rankin.   Collection of Rebus short stories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Laura! In a month or two this will all be a memory and you'll be back to weaving!!!
Ann Marie