Sunday, February 1, 2015

Here it comes again

Winter.



We are now officially in the February blahs.  Although it did quit snowing for a bit, it was overcast and grey.  Today the wind picked up out of the North and the snow came again. 

Recovery progresses, in a two steps forward, one step back kind of way.  This morning I felt very low in energy, but my brain seems to be beginning to function again.  A little.  Enough that I've felt able to read.  I finished the book I started on the bus to Vancouver, then picked up Susan Hill's Betrayal of Trust.  I have not read all of the books she's written but enjoy them when I find them.  

Unfortunately much of the activities I had planned to do during recovery are not recommended.  Or at least not right away.   Mostly I will have to monitor my progress and let my body dictate when I feel able to do much of anything. 

A couple of friends have taken us in hand, providing food and gentle distraction.  Time to just let the body do what it needs to do.   And hold on to the promises of renewed health and energy after healing and recovery are done.  

6 comments:

Syne said...

Best wishes for an easy and peaceful recovery. (Gentle) Hugs!

Rhonda from Baddeck said...

Two steps forward, one step back - some people call that a cha cha! Hope you're feeling a little better each day. It's snowing here, probably going to get 10-12" before it finishes tomorrow morning. So glad I don't have to be anywhere in the next couple of days!

Evelyn McQ said...

It will come..."patience is a virtue" my Mom used to like to tell me!! And winter is a good time to be in recovery mode. The energy will be back when your body is ready to go so try to relax and enjoy the rest.(Yeah, easy for me to say eh??) May it soon be 5 steps forward and none back...

Susan said...

I found that the anesthesia stays in your system for quite a long while and leave you feeling muddled and/or out of sorts. (Some even complain of feeling angry or very weepy.) Suddenly one day you feel like someone has pulled a filter off your brain and you feel 'real' again.

Now comes the hard part.... patience, as you heal!
No shortcuts or runarounds for this part :)

I did a lot of walking around in Vancouver and this morning I woke to a lot of aching and feeling out of sorts. Ah, we must be going home and so 'survive the trip' mode can be turned off now. :(

Naps are great!

Cally said...

Two steps forward and one step back is MUCH better than one step forward and two steps back!

Anonymous said...

All the best and positive to you on your recovery Laura. Allow your body what it needs - time. You will recover completely precisely because you are a strong individual.

I just received your 'Efficient Weaver" DVD today and anxiously went thru most of the chapters. Please know that in spite of the setback you are currently enduring (and this too shall pass), you are still helping other weavers thru your videos and blog.

All positive thoughts to you on this difficult but necessary road. We are all with you in spirit.

Tom Z. in IL USA