Thursday, January 30, 2020

The Dust Settles



The workshop is over and Mary is winging her way homewards.

We had plans - so many plans!  And barely scratched the surface.  Now I'm sitting, working on a jigsaw puzzle (because it needs to be finished so I can clear the table and fringe twist the silk scarf, so...) and thinking about what needs to be done 'next'.

The article, I suppose.  That deadline is coming up quickly.  I do know where my notes are, just need to open Word and start putting them into some kind of cohesive order.

The warps for the weaving workshops.  I wound the last of them yesterday, but now I need to go up to the guild room and start extracting floor looms from the corral they were put in to make space for the dye workshop.

Weave the tea towels on the Megado.

Dress the Leclerc with another place mat warp.

And sometime, soon, sort through the bins and get all the fibres in one place, and all the teaching samples in another place so that I don't have to keep shifting bins of the one thing to get at the bins of the other.  Mary and I did manage to empty three more boxes of 'stuff', but didn't touch the bins.  She has taken the samples home to share with other weavers and study them.

I have been in communication with Olds College and they are working on the satellite programs so word should soon be available on those.  I may not go to the Sunshine Coast, I may not go to Cape Breton, but I may.  They haven't finished crunching the numbers yet.

I can say that I am confirmed for level one at Fibre Week at Olds College in June.  Feel free to share.

OTOH, I did buy my tickets to head to TN in July where Mary and I will take a road trip to Knoxville and I will hang out in the vendor hall and the exhibit areas.  Should anyone want to meet for coffee or a meal...

Too many 'short' nights this week and I'm tired.  So I'm not pushing too hard today.


No comments: