Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Winter Storm


The photo doesn't show what is going on.  We are in the midst of 'blizzard' conditions (there are parameters for a storm to qualify for blizzard and I'm not sure this one actually does - but close enough!)  The wind is gusting hard enough the flag on the house across the street is horizontal and the snow is sticking to the windows in blobs.

And I have to go out today.

Fortunately I don't have to go far, just a short drive away.  My usual is to park in the shopping mall below and walk up the hill to the clinic, but today I'm going to pay for parking so that I'm not walking in...this.

We are no stranger to winter storms.  This isn't particularly unusual - just not very welcome.  I'm grateful I'm not headed out on a teaching trip in this weather, not just because it is bad here, but there are reports of heavy rain in the Vancouver/Seattle area and flooding.  Driving would be treacherous and flying iffy.

Yesterday my Ashford dealership was closed and one more step taken to divest myself of business obligations.  Doug is making progress on taking Puff apart in preparation to (hopefully) ship it to a new home.  Transport still needs to be arranged and an international border is in the way so things might get complex.

Not my problem and I'm doing my best to stay out of it.

Yesterday I managed to weave one towel and may not get to the loom today.  Will see how I feel after the treatment.  There are other things I could be doing, such as printing out and doing a proof read of the article I'll be submitting and the op-ed.  I'm not supposed to sit/stay still for more than 15 minutes and I'm sure there are light duty things I could be doing, such as pressing the burgundy mats I finished hemming last night.  And clearing up the yarn from the last warp so I can begin working on the next.  I could generate the threading, too.

And there is the puzzle.  It's another one with very close value/hue changes and it's being a challenge.  I'm glad it's only 500 pieces!

Every day is an opportunity.  When all I want to do is hunker down and do nothing, it becomes a challenge to get up, get dressed, get going.  But I now have a cast iron round tuit, so there is nothing that can hold me back!


No comments: