Monday, November 2, 2020

Ch-ch-changes

 


We are on the cusp of something.  What, I don't know.  The future is uncertain.  We are living in 'interesting' times.

In times of trouble I look at the fridge magnet I bought a year after my brother died and my health was betting better but still challenging.


It reminds me that things change.  Nothing stays the same.  What is good will slide into less good.  What is bad will shift into less bad.  Hopefully.  

The important thing is to not give up.  Not stop trying.  Not assume that you have no power.

Because we do.  We have the power to choose.  We have the magic of helping others, sometimes just a kind word.  I would normally say a smile, but in the time of covid and wearing masks...

I woke up way too early this morning.  I woke to blustering winds and grey skies.  But...I woke up.

Far too many have not, this year.  

And today I hit the halfway mark on the current warp.  I will go down to the loom in a few minutes and weave a towel.  Then it will get cut off, the towels cut apart and serged.  Then into the washing machine and dryer, in preparation for pressing tomorrow.

And tomorrow we see where the compass points.  And I will be at the loom.  Because that is in my power.

Stay safe.  Stay well.  Stay covid aware.

No comments: