Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Hemming



With a quiet day scheduled I brought hemming along.  Haven’t made as much progress as I would have liked, but some is better than none…

These still need their final press to be considered done, done, but even so they don’t look too bad.  
 

The blue green is pretty close but the gold isn’t as washed out as the photo makes them look.  One of the challenges trying to get accurate colour photos of textiles.  

What interests me is how much the weft moderates the colour of the warp.  The warp in the loom now is the last of this particular colour combo.  It will be back to natural white for five warps.  Then I will have to decide if I do something else colour wise, but also weave structure.  Will I have explored this one enough?  Or will the next few warps spark other ideas?  TBD.

No comments: