Saturday, October 19, 2013

Mermaid Tea Towels


cloth being woven 'up side down' in order to lift the fewest shafts most of the time...

So there I was yesterday, smugly thinking I was 'done' for the year.  Until we set up the booth this morning, that is....

I knew I was low on tea towels; I did not realize just how low until the display was done.  So I came home and wove a few more yards, enough to finish off the pale grey/blue cottolin weft and start the darker grey/blue in this 'fish scale' pattern.

It looks much nicer on the other side, but the design relies on warp/weft contrast so I'm weaving it wrong way up to minimize the effort required to make the sheds.

The cloth is also much nicer looking in real life.  If you are at any of the shows I'll be doing this autumn, I might just have this warp done and in the booth.  Or not.  We'll see if I can get the round tuit working.

No comments: