Monday, January 4, 2021

Yarn Chicken

 



My bags of empty tubes continue to fill.

Yesterday I played the Yarn Chicken game (will she or won't she run out of yarn before finishing?) and lost, so the fourth towel has a decorative band of a different colour at the end.  Oh well, it will still dry dishes...

Last night I wound bobbins of the next colour and should get two towels of the dark red/brown.  If not, one of those will *also* have a decorative band of a different colour.  It's all in the name of emptying as many tubes as I possibly can.

I also posted to Facebook that I still have copies of Weave a V to sell.  After digging the boxes of them out from under the table, I realized just how many (too many!) are left and would love to get them sold.



Written by Kerstin Fro:berg, the monograph takes a detailed look at weaving a V shaped shawl using double weave.  Instructions for both rising and sinking shed looms and hints/tips for how to get that V.

(Yes, you *can* weave double weave on a Scandinavian style counter balanced loom with horses.  You can even - carefully - weave double weave on a roller type counter balanced loom.  Especially if said loom is a Leclerc and has the shed regulator.)

Just $25 Canadian includes postage.

Today is another dreary day, too warm, but with snow falling.  At least it's pretty when I look out the window.   I'm hoping for colder weather, which probably means that when it arrives it will be dreadfully cold.  The weather is not, has not, been normal for a while.  We are long beyond the time for finally addressing climate change.  Some people are encouraging governments to start funding alternative energy industries as part of the economic recovery from this pandemic.

Time will tell.  

Stay safe.  Stay well.  Stay Covid aware.

Currently reading This Time Next Year We'll Be Laughing by Jacqueline Winspear.  I don't know if she had any inkling about the pandemic when she chose that title, but it seems apropos.


2 comments:

Terry said...

I'm not on Facebook, but ordered The Intentional Weaver from you a while back. Would like to get a copy of the Froberg "Y" Shawl Weave. I live in Florida. Do you have the records or is it easier to start fresh?? Thanks in advance.
Terry
travelinterry@gypsyjournal.net/trrrssll22@gmail

Rachelle said...

I can't find you on Facebook, would love to order your book, but I'm in New Zealand so I suspect that it'll be more than $25 once you factor in postage. I'm also interested in Magic in the Water. My email is sewsable@gmail.com.