Monday, July 26, 2010

Twinkle, Twinkle

Some motifs are easier to weave than others. A star, a simple little 5 pointed star, would I thought be easy-peasy.


Not so. These ones look better on the 'back' of the cloth, which in reality will be the face of the cloth. But I wasn't really very happy with them. They sort of look like a male alien. :} More obvious when looking at them straight on. From the side, these look pretty twinkly. :)

So, back to the drawing board - or rather, Fiberworks - where I tweaked the motif slightly.



This time I think the motif looks more like a star and less like an alien, but regardless I'm weaving it up anyway.

Sometimes you have to really watch the obverse - the little butterflies I did previouis to the stars look fine on one side of the cloth and a whole lot like a pansy on the other side. Still, better than the butterflies that morphed into a crying frog that I did not so long ago!

Currently reading Time Weaver by Shana Abe - not bad - a bit jerky but only to be expected in a tale of time travel.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Lovely. I covet your product and your productivity. Hope you're having a happy summer.