Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Under Construction

 



One of the things that has been too long neglected is my website.

For too many years I was just...too busy/distracted to try and deal with it.  Then, when I retired, I thought about scrapping it altogether.  Except I like having my website email address, which is dead easy, and which I've used repeatedly over the years and to change all my contact info over to my 'real' email addy was just too daunting.

In the time since the decision was made to 'retire' (for certain values of) other teaching opportunities have come along.  With all the down sides to Covid, there have been some benefits and being able to teach remotely is certainly one of them.  And I do get contacted by guilds re: doing guild programs and even lectures/seminars via Zoom.

So it seemed like a really good idea to hang onto my website - at least for a while longer.

Work has begun and therefore my website isn't functional right now.  However I can still be contacted through my blog.  

One of the things that we are working on (my webmeister is doing the actual work) is having a list of Zoom lecture/seminar topics.  

I wrote these in 2020 for my Olds students.  They were meant to provide a deeper look at some weaving issues that generally don't get covered in any great depth but lend themselves to a lecture where I can answer questions and clarify anything that needs additional information.

The lectures are around 2 hours with Q&A, sometimes longer depending on how many questions are asked, sometimes a bit shorter.

Most of the topics can also be done in about one hour for a guild program although some of them might be too technical.  But some work very well for a guild program - The Efficient Weaver, Magic in the Water, A Good Yarn being some examples.

Like everything, the process is going to take a little while, but it feels good to finally address something that had been hanging around for far too long, just because I didn't have the time or energy to address it, plus I couldn't do it by myself so needed help.  

We get by with a little help from our friends.  Sometimes a LOT of help!

No comments: