Thursday, November 24, 2022

Sands of Time

 


photo of an ornate hourglass

As the climate changes, we see how things are no longer the way they were.  The thing that doesn't change is the slow march of the sun across the sky, north, then south, then back again and how that changes the length of daylight in our days.

We have had a string of dreary overcast days with temps higher than 'usual'.  Apparently that will change as the temps are set to plunge according to the Weather Network.  Will this bring clear skies?  Who knows, these days. 

It used to be that colder temps meant beautiful clear skies with brilliant sunshine.  Now?  Not so much.

As I get older, I find I have even less energy than ever and the sands of time seem to run through the clock ever more quickly.

As Bonnie Raitt put it, time becomes more precious the less of it you have.  (I paraphrase.)

I look at my stash and despair of ever getting it all woven.  OTOH, I still have fibre dreams.  Combinations I'd like to try.  Designs I would like to weave.

I've promised a project to go with the lace workshop on SOS and last night pieces I had been moving around seemed to fall into place.  Today I'll drag out the boxes of 2/10 yarn and see what colours I have and if I have enough to make something pleasing.  Until I see how much I have of the various colours in my stash, I can't make any final decisions.  So I'll work on that over the next few days.

In the meantime I'm making slow (but steady) progress on using up the 2/20.  I'm pleased - so far - with the quality of cloth that is resulting.

OTOH, we've just now been told that the window guys can come at 8 tomorrow so all my plans for today and tomorrow have gotten tossed.  Good thing I'm flexible????


No comments: